Consumers are making their preferences known with their voices and their wallets. While there are dozens of micro-trends affecting food and drink manufacture in the UK, addressing some or all of the 10 larger trends listed below can help position your organisation for sustained growth.
- Source local ingredients – Consumers want manufacturers to limit food transportation miles and greenhouse gasses
- Care for the environment – Minimize waste in production process and incorporate sustainable packaging
- Use gentler meat and dairy production practices – Minimize waste in production processes and incorporate sustainable packaging.
- Help shoppers minimize waste – Offer smaller portions, less packaging, and clearer food labels to help consumers reduce waste.
- Provide tractability and transparency – Educate shoppers on the steps you take to assure safety and quality
- Adapt to social trends – Incorporate popular ingredients and offer “Free-From” Options
- Make special diets easy – Help consumers avoid allergens and embrace the latest healthy eating trends
- Promote healthy options – Choose natural, local, and diet friendly ingredients for your products
- Incorporate global ingredients – Embrace new flavors gaining popularity around the world
- Simplify meal prep – Offer products that help consumers prepare a wholesome, tasty meal with little effort
Keep up to date with the latest Opcenter news here: